Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Confused, Bored, Frustrated

I want to do MBA...
maybe!!! really!!! not sure!!! job first!!! don't know whether i want to study more!!!
These are just some of the questions which venture into my mind every second 24x7 these days. I feel like sitting idle and or taking a sabbatical. My parents often profess that these thoughts are dangerous. Very very dangerous!!! Leading to the path of doom.
But what can I do??? Is it wrong if i feel like that. I have already got a job. But since so many of my batch mates (the exact number is 322) got into this company people say "So what??? Everyone got into it!!!" They treat it as "Kuch nahi hua to ye to hai hee" [If nothing happens at least I have got something in hand!] . I mean I went for this company interview because I wanted to and genuinely liked the company. But being a person with ears and eyes, I can't help and show my indifference. These things do bother me.
Then there are the expectations!!! From family, friends, relatives...
It kind of gets to you. I don't want to decide right now. Maybe i just want to leave it to the future. Go along with the wave. Maybe its too difficult for me to decide right now. Or is it that I am waiting for some golden opportunity???
When i sit idle i feel bored... When am studying I feel bored... Whatever I do I always end up with the same feeling...Its like a disease that has infected me and i don't know how to get rid of it.
I know I am mentally tough and i don't succumb to pressure [I know I sometimes do:)]. Its just that I don't want these thoughts to plague my mind right now. A life full of bliss is what i desire!!! But it ain't gonna be easy and I know that.

P.S.: Please don't be worried about me :). I am as sane as you are. Was just venting out my frustration!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hey brother. i feel wierd while writin here. u know it very wel dat m nt one of d guys who blogs.. :) bt i thot i must gv an opinion on dis blog of urs. dnt gt me wrong. m nt tryin 2 act as if m experienced n shit. bt trust me life is completely different frm student life.

one shud do wat his/her heart wants. c u know it wel dat i always 2 bcum a director. bt i never knew y. bt nw a do. i luv writin n wud want 2 project stuff written by me in my own way. n thus i wanna b a director. so take it easy dude. njoi. n do wateva u feel like doin n d rest wud fall in place as time passes. trust me!!!

best of luck brother!!!

Anonymous said...

hey shikhs...its gud dat u r venting ur frustration out here and sharing ur feelings which most of us have faced or will face at some point in our lives. Do not let these feelings of paranoia make u jittery about ur future and undermine ur talent. Maybe its not the right time for u 2 decide and the only option left as rightly suggested by ur very own blog is to flow with time and get involved in activities which u enjoy the most...doesn't matter whether they r craziest or the silliest of stuff and are not much productive. At least that will leave u satisfied if not very happy.
Regarding getting placed in a company which millions of other rats(coz they r running the rat race) have managed to crack doesn't make u a non achiever. It really doesn't matter what the world says as long as u know why u sat for the company and how u deserved to get through it. There are thousands of mouths to blabber but only tens of friends to share the sentiments. The opinion of rest doesn't count much.
Don't let these stupid thoughts occupy u(though they r not under ur control:) ). I know u'll make it big when its the right time for u.
Have patience and work hard. All the best and we all hope that u get the job of ur life :)

Cheers

Shikhar said...

really thanx bros!!!
i know wat u guys mean... lets c aage kya hota hai...

sameep said...

true bro..ur thoughts reflect the thoughts of almost every1 in the same situation

Ripunjaya Saran said...

ever thought of joining the underworld...trust me i like dat job...n i need sum1 to take over d mantle frm me if i m caught/shot.

**VACANCIES OPEN...IDEAL CANDIDATES PLZ APPLY**

Ramkiran Putrevu said...

mote well written yaar....brilliant description of the scene...as sameep said your blog reflect the thoughts of almost everyone of us...good...keep it up...