Wednesday, April 15, 2009

NEW BEGINNINGS

for the first time in my life i realized that i had missed a great deal in my life.
recently i met my paternal cousins and came to know that i had missed a lot by not getting to know them better.

lets start from the beginning. in relations i am closer to my maternal cousins (kshitiz and sugandha) who are like my true brother and sister. from early childhood i have been hanging out with them and we visit each other often as much as possible considering our busy schedules.

but in the past few days i met my cousins from my dad's side and had a feeling that they were pretty cool too.

shubhangi (boisterous, loud, bold, idiot and wild), ishika or aditi or henna (god she is falling short of names lol) (cool and too funny), isha (serious, mature and good natured), ayush (simple, childish and innocent), rakhee ( a small teddy bear, funny with an amazing laugh) and last of all sanchita (wat can i say except ready to get married). all of them have different personalities.

till now all of them used to hang out together. i guess i never made an effort to get in touch with them because in my early years we did not meet each other that much and even if we did then it was just a case of exchanging pleasantries. also they being small girls then and talking about all the girly stuff did not attract my attention much.

but these past few weeks have been a revelation to me and knowing them has been a great pleasure. one simple game of "truth and dare" without the "dare" opened everything between us and we started behaving as pals. feels good to know that i have such fun loving people that i know of and can talk to them. i value them as friends much more then as family because family is by coincidence and friends are by choice and friendships are invaluable.

i wish i could have made it happen earlier but like they say its never late to say yes to a new beginning.

No comments: